- Kitchen Cabinet Tips
- No comments
Tips for Cabinet Installation
Installing cabinets are as hard as what they exactly seem. There are plenty different ways to install your cabinets. Every expert has it owns special ways to make this process as easy as possible. If you are not good at different installations and other mechanical services. it would be a good idea to get help from the experts.
There is no limitation in installing cabinets by yours. This could help you to decrease the high expenditures of new cabinetry or home renovation. Installing cabinets need an extra measurement in order to become exact. That is the first rule. It is not just about putting some cabinets in its place. finding the exact and right place could become an issue if you are careless about the first step. There is a rule that every person installing any object need to follow. which is ‘Get the first piece right’.
This saying is absolutely correct. because the others will find their right place in comparison with the first piece. By a tiny mistake and misplace in the very first step. you will experience a series of problems like a domino falling through you and may seem as a stumbling block on your work toward achieving new kitchen. Are you wondering what to do? We are here to help!
- An expert spends a lot of time and effort marking studs, striking cabinet lines on the wall and ensuring electrical outlet placement is correct, etc. So do not hurry for cabinet installation and try to do everything step by step.
- You may not know that the floor could be uneven. In so doing, if you carelessly just apply the base cabinets. not only do they look bad, but also everything rolls around.
The answer of what to do with this issue is that. find the highest point on the floor where you are going to install base cabinets. Try to measure the height of different points of the floor by drawing a line along the adjacent wall. You will find the highest point of the floor this easily.
- Be careful that when it comes to measuring the height between the line drawn and the floor, the shortest part has the highest floor.
- Now it is time for the base cabinet level line, which should be 34-36 inches from the highest point of the floor. Use a vertical line to know where the edge of the first cabinet should be.
- Measure up from the vertical line about 19-20 inches and draw another line for the bottom of the upper cabinets.
- As the base cabinets may seem a block when it comes to install the upper cabinets, keep it in your mind that not to install the base cabinets first. In this case, there is no block so you can concentrate on your cabinet installation.
- Removing doors and shelves so that the cabinet installation become way easier. On the other hand by doing this, the risk of damage while installing become less. Do not forget to mark the place of the doors.
- A considerable factor that not everybody knows is that upper box cabinets usually have no designated top or bottom. In so doing, there is no difference in hanging them. So freely choose in which direction you want the doors to swing.
- The quality matters, so the quality and type of screws are of high importance. Although you will pay a lot to buy a good one, it worth’s as you are spending thousands of dollars on cabinets. As an example, drywall screws are not a good choice for this reason. we recommend that all wood to wood screwing be pre-drilled.
- As the islands are the new trend. Secure them well enough by screwing 2x2s to the floor.
- If your kitchens floor is not completed or you are going to add tile later, do not forget to raise the cabinets from the floor. If you do not pay attention to this, the dishwasher will not fit in.
- As a tip, in order to make the installation process easier start by installing a corner unit or one of the ending points.
- When all your wall cabinets are installed, you can install all your doors and shelves.